Monday, March 17, 2008

The New Mickey Mouse Club - 1977

My mother grew up with the Original Mickey Mouse Club and in 1977, Disney decided it would be a good idea to have a version of this show for the kids of those kids.

After holding a lengthy audition process, they selected a dozen or so kids who were not only talented, but also represented the diverse background of the intended audience.

If my memory is holding up - I *think* that WKJG carried this on their line-up (channel 33).

The most recognizable kid from this year long Mickey Mouse Club was Lisa Whelchel. She went on to the popular sitcom, Facts of Life, and then later, became wife/mother/author who wrote/spoke about the influence of religion in her life.

My favorite mousekateers were Julie, Kelly and Todd (he was a cutie!). I found this clip on Youtube - hope you enjoy the memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually read blog posts via my RSS reader, so when I visited your site today I had to leave a comment and tell you than I love your blog banner! Very creative, very memory-filled and very FW!

Kristina said...

Why thank you Joe! I'm not much of an artist - I was just messing around and came up with this collage of sorts. I could have added at least 50 + more pictures into it too....(sigh).